WHAT IS OPENCART?
OpenCart is an online shopping management system. PHP-based MySQL database uses HTML components. Support is provided for different languages and currencies. It is available for free under the GNU General Public License. As of May 2016, 342,000 websites use OpenCart.
In addition to its easy installation, it is one of the most used e-commerce infrastructures due to its wide theme and plugin support. It is coded in a lightweight structure that you can run even on a simple hosting account.
What are the Advantages of Opencart?
- With its easy installation and user-friendly interface, you can gain ease of management.
- Because it is a PHP-based and MySQL database platform, you can easily make improvements according to your needs.
- You can add unlimited products, manufacturers and categories.
- With the SSL certificate you will acquire, you can use virtual pos systems of all banks.
- With API support, you can perform the necessary integrations.
- You can choose and use the most suitable one for your needs from a wide variety of plugin and theme alternatives.
- Thanks to the accounting integration, you can carry out your work in an integrated way with the accounting accounts.
- With many modules such as marketing module, payment management module, cargo management system, you can offer your customers an easy and pleasant shopping experience.
Source : Wikipedia
First, go to the Databases section in your panel and click on the MySQL Databases area. Create a new database user and specify the database name and username you want to use, then enter them in the relevant fields. Then create a password.
Don’t forget to save the password you created somewhere. Otherwise, you may have trouble finding your password again. Activate the generated password by saying “Use password” and complete your database setup by clicking the blue create button.
Define Mail Address
When defining your e-mail address, take care to create a corporate image. For this, choose an e-mail with your own company name instead of addresses such as Gmail, Hotmail with the extension. When creating a password, repeat the steps you did during the database setup.
Other steps to be taken regarding Opencart installation are as follows:
- First, download the latest version of the program. The software will be zipped to your computer. Extract these files to a location on your computer. These files are also backups. In the zip file, the upload (all files that need to be uploaded to the web server), license.txt (Opencart license agreement), install.txt and upgrade.txt (initial installation and version information) folders are required for you.
- In the second step, you must upload the Opencart files to the web server. For this, you must comply with all security protocols. First you need a username and password to login to the server. Then you can access the server using FileZilla. Enter all the information requested from you in the field that will appear and click the Connect button. If the information you provide is correct, you should have no problem connecting. Otherwise, error messages will be brought to you by the system.
- When you log in, the right side belongs to the server, the left side belongs to your computer. You can upload the files on your computer to the server by drag and drop method from here.
- When you have uploaded your files and completed the Opencart installation, an English panel will appear. To translate the Opencart software into Turkish, first add the Turkish language files, then open a folder named Turkce in Opencart and transfer the downloaded files here. After adding your new language and performing the necessary actions on the panel, you can start using Opencart in Turkish.
After installing Opencart , one of the most important issues you should pay attention to is to ensure that your site does not have any security vulnerabilities. For this, re-enter the FileZilla program and delete the “install” folder in Root. Unless you delete this folder, your website will not be safe from malware. After completing your setup process, you can start e-commerce sales by designing your website as you wish.
Is Opencart Safe?
Every software has a vulnerabilities that can be discovered over time. Just because Opencart is free or open sourcedoesn’t mean it’s not secure on the contrary Since open source software is used by many communities, it is better than many software affiliated with companies in terms of closing its gaps and adapting to technology faster.
When you have a problem, you can get help via the community or find plugins in the markets and get paid support whenever you want. Opencart is very successful in this regard.
For comparison, it ranks first in usability, speed, support, cost.
Limon Teknoloji Opencart or Woocommerce according to your E-Commerce needs , our goal is to help you choose the most suitable one for all your needs at the most affordable cost, and we develop your turnkey projects such as design, installation, maintenance and backup.
If you wish, we enable you to reach your goal very quickly by choosing from the designs and themes we have already developed.
Which Software Language Opencart Uses
Opencart is systematized with an open source coding structure written in PHP scripting language and with a very large libraries.
Written with PHP coding structure, Opencart’s ability to use PHP libraries creates an incredible development open structure.
PHP is basically famous for the breadth of its libraries and is a programming language known to many programmers.
Opencart, like other open source code systems, is constantly being developed with new plugins by volunteer PHP developers and software teams that develop and make Opencart available. And this feature is one of the most important features of Opencart. There are over 1 million e-commerce sites built with Opencart around the world.
We recommend that you contact us for all your e-commerce needs, we do not charge for consultancy. You can also call us to avoid unnecessary expenses and make the right choice.
Limon Teknoloji “Opencart-Wocammerce-Wordpress-Seo” is an expert.
contact us for all your digital services Contact
- 1 OPENCART
- 1.1 WHAT IS OPENCART?
- 1.2 What are the Advantages of Opencart?
- 1.3 Opencart Installation
- 1.4 Is Opencart Safe?
- 1.5 Which Software Language Opencart Uses